6.03.2007

Electronics...

So I am getting trained in a new department at work. I asked to be trained sales floor and I guess they thought that I would be best in electronics. Well needless to say, I didn't agree with them. I didn't want to be trained in electronics. I wanted to be like softlines or something like that. Anyway, my first day training back there was last friday and when I got there, the guy that was supposed to be training me didn't know that he had too. So, he trained me for about a half hour and then went up to guest service to check on something and never came back for like 3 hours. Then when he did come back he told me that he was going to lunch. I was a little nervous about being back there because you really have to be electronic savvy and I am not. I got a lot of questions that I realy didn't know the answers too and I kinda made it up as I went along. Not really good for the customers but what are you going to do when the person that is supposed to be training you disappears?? Anyway, towards the end of the night it ended up not being so bad. I actually enjoy working back there. The one thing I don't like about it though is the prepaid phones. I always had trouble with these at guest service. I don't really understand what it is that you are supposed to do. I mean I know you buy the phone and get the prepaid phone card. But I have no idea if you are able to get on the internet with these things or have much you can talk with a $20 phone card. It doesn't really say one the cards. And I also don't know what the difference there is between the different phones. Oh well, I guess I will learn it in time.

My friend Amber at work it leaving. :( She put in her two week notice. I am sad cause she is one of the people that I have really gotten close to at work. I knew that she was going to quit eventually but she wasn't going to do it for like another six months. She just got married on May 12th. Her husband got this new job where he had to wait six months to get benifits which is why she was going to wait to quit. Well, they found out that he got his benifits right away and so she doesn't have to work anymore. I am really going to be bummed when she leaves.

My dad got an e-mail from Jonathan the day before yesterday saying that he found me a really nice car for $6200. It is above my price range but I do want to go through with these people because then I know that I would be getting a nice car. It is a '98 toyota corolla. automatic with a cassette player. I am not sure of what the color it is yet. But if Jonathan says that it is a nice car, than I am going to believe him. I am ready to get my own car. I am tired of looking and am willing to pay whatever to get a car. Even if that means that I am going have to get a loan and probably work alot more to pay this thing off.

No comments: