6.17.2007

21st Birthday

Yesterday was my 21st birthday. I didn't really do anything special. I had to go to Betty's wedding at 2:00 in the afternoon and the wedding lasted a whole hour. Julie and I got there about 10 minutes late just trying to get everything ready with Jaden and everything. Luckily the wedding hadn't started yet. We went up to the balcony. I was surprised to see a bunch of people in the balcony. I was hoping that there wouldn't hardly be anybody up there but a lot of people came to her wedding. There was a worship service during the ceremony. It was different but nice. I don't think that I would want to do that though. Overall, it was a nice wedding. Betty looked really beautiful. Her dress was gorgeous! After the wedding, Julie and I went down to see the flowers that Julie had arranged for her wedding. We wanted to leave almost right after the wedding. So we went downstairs and mingled for a bit, and then we went upstairs where my parents were and talked to them for a bit before leaving. A little later everybody went to Red Robin for dinner for my birthday. Julie wanted me to get a Bailey's Shake but I wasn't sure that I would like it and I didn't want to waste money if I didn't. Jacob ended up getting a rasberry margerita and I shared that with him. After dinner, Jenny and Bryan went home and everybody else went back to my parents house. Jacob and I looked at some movie times and decided to go see Shrek 3. All I can say about that movie is BORING! Not at all as good as the first two.

On Sunday, I planned to go to 2nd service with Jacob after he got off of work but I didn't get up in time. I don't think that I got a lot of sleep. Lately, I have not been getting any sleep at night. Like two nights in a row I didn't get any sleep at all. Ugh! I don't know what is going on with me. Anyway, so everybody came over to my parent's house after church and Jenny and I made lunch. We made the tostadas with mexican rice. I think that that is one of my favorite meals. After lunch, all the dads opened their gifts and everything and then we just lounged around the house until about 6 or 7. Julie came up with going to Big Al's in Vancouver where they have this huge bowling alley and arcade and stuff like that. My mom and my dad weren't going to play and watch the grandbabies. We were going to do it guys against the girls, so I asked if Jacob could come along. Jacob got to our house and then we were off to Big Al's. We played two games. I completely sucked the first game. I got a whoppin' 45 I think. The second game I didn't do so bad. I ended up with like 98 or somewhere around there. I almost beat Jacob too. I was ahead of him the whole 2nd game until like the last two frames. Jenny stopped playing in the middle of the second 'cause she had to hold Gabe so Bryan bowled for her. The guys ended up beating the girls No surprise there. It was alot of fun though. Definitly something I am going to want to do again. After bowling we decided to go to Old Chicago but Gabe wouldn't stop crying in the car, so Bryan and Jenny had to go home. And Julie thought that Jaden had enough to so just me and Jacob went out to dinner. We were going to go to Old Chicago but I had to be home at 11 and it was already like 10:15 at the time so we decided to go to Guisseppes instead since it was closer to home.

Monday, I went to work at 4 and got off at 10. They had me on salesfloor. I thought that they were going to put me in electronics since I have only been trained electronics on the salesfloor but they put me in Jewerly and Shoes. I had no idea how to work Jewelry. Jacob tried to get me out of it and be put upstairs with him when he got to work but they said no. So, when the opening person was about to leave and give me the keys, I asked her to just give a little training on what to do back there. It turned out not be a bad night. I didn't get anything that I rally couldn't answer, so I was happy with that. I only worfked 6 hours that day so I didn't get a lunch. You have to make sure that you clock out about five minutes early so that you don't go over your six hours and get compliance. I guess its a state law that you have to have a lunch if you work over 6 hours otherwise you will get written up. So when I go to work I clocked in at 3:55, I had to make sure that I clock out before 9:55 so that I wouldn't get compliance. At like 9:30, Marcus who was the closing TLOD, asked me to just make sure that all of the shoes were picked up off the floor and everything before I left. So, I was up at customer service at like 9:50, just putting things I found lying around that weren't supposed to be there. Marcus comes up to me and was all like, "Janell, I really don't need you to be doing this right now." I was all like, "Marcus, I already did everything that you asked me to do. All of the shoes are off of the floor and everything. I am just putting these last few things away and then go clock out." He's all like, "Well, I ned to do a walk through, just to make sure." Stupid Jerk! If you asked me to do something before I leave, I will do it!! So, buy the time I had turned in the keys and clocked out it was 9:57. If I didn't have to walk back, I would have made it out on time. So, now I am going to get compliance. Arg!

On Tuesday, I had my family party. My uncle came over and looked at our computer because it has been acting up lately. Turns out we have to take it in for repairs. When we had first bought the computer, my dad also bought a 3 yr extended warrenty on it just in case something went wrong with it. Well, the warrenty would have been done in the beginning in July of this year, so it happened just in the nick of time. Julie left at 2 to go hang out with one of her friends that she hasn't seen for a long time and left Jaden with me. I fed him at 2:30 and put him to sleep after he was done. He slept for about 30-45 minutes. He looked like he wanted to play for a bit, so I brought the baby einstein up and let him play for awhile. When I got down on the floor to play with him, he smelled a little funky and it turns out that he pooped his pants. By this time it was like 4:20 and Julie was supposed to be home at 4. I called her up and asked her when she was planning on coming home. She thought that Jaden was starting to get fussy but I said no I just want you to come home and change his poopy diaper. She said she would leave in like 10-15 minutes. I waited for a bit but he was just really stinky and I couldn't stand it anymore so I went downstairs to change him. While I was changing him, I lifted up his legs so that I could wipe inside his crack and get all the poopies out, he held onto his feet so that I didn't have too and I could focus on getting the poopies out. I was cute. After that, it was all baby fresh bottom. Nathan came home first and then Julie. She called me after I changed him and said that the traffic was horrible so it is going to take her a little but longer to get home. Soon after that, everybody came over and we all went to Sweet Tomatoes for dinner. Then we went out to the Clackamas Target and grab a few essentials. Soon after that when we were all ready to leave, we came home and did my b-day party. I got a lot of neat stuff. Oh, and my mom made me wear this like silver mullet for my entire party. It was a little embrassing to wear that in front of my boyfriend but oh well. Overall, I had a good birthday and I am grateful for everything that everyone has gotten me!

Here are some pictures....




No comments: