11.15.2008

26 Weeks

Yesterday I had an appointment at St. Vincent. They were measuring the baby today, so I got to see a lot of the baby and how much she has grown. Her heart rate was 140 bpm and she is 1lb & 15oz. I have gained two pounds since my last appointment so I am now up to 12lbs that I have gained so far. At one point during the ultrasound of the baby, the nurse turned the picture to 3d. That was really cool to see Audrey in some kind a 3d form. I got to see the definition of her nose and mouth. At one point, she was smacking her lips and swallowing. Then out of the blue she smiled! The nurse got a picture of that. That was just really neat and made my day.

After the ultrasound of the baby, we got to my favorite part, checking my cervix. They had a hard time measuring my cervix this time as well. It kept fluctuating short and then long. . The doctor is not worried about it though because the shortest it is measured, it about the same as before, about 1.8. She still wants to see me every week until I get to about 28-30 weeks.

After my appointment, my mom and I went to the library to get some books for me to read. I am trying to find things to do while I am on bed rest. More than just watching movies. I am knitting Jenny a scarf and my mom threw out the idea that I make a blanket for Audrey. I have yet to go to the store to find so yarn so that I can get started on that.






No comments: